« Home | oak hill flyer: going to california (camp 2 of 5) » | oak hill flyer: pennsylvania (camp 1 of 5) » | oak hill flyer: base camp » | oak hill flyer: a day at the races » | oak hill flyer: ms150 pictures » | oak hill flyer: ms131 » | oak hill flyer: spring broke » | oak hill flyer: mile PR » | oak hill flyer: marching onward » | oak hill flyer: captain's log »

oak hill flyer: ice age




This past tuesday--july 19th 2010--I went for a 6 mile run, averaging just over 11:00/mile. This run, you see, was in armstrong woods california; the first 3 miles realized over 1100' of elevation, with the final 3 miles returning you to the base of the mountain.

This past wednesday--june 20th 2010--k and I went for a 9-mile hike. This hike, you see, was to glacier point in yosemite park; the first 4.5 miles realized over 3200' of elevation, with the final 4.5 miles returning you to the base of the mountain.

This past thursday--july 21st 2010--k and I went for a 7-mile run. This run, you see, was to mirror lake in yosemite park: while there was no elevation of note, the destination was a lesson in the non-negotiable forces of nature, a reminder of where I have been and a view of the beauty that lies ahead.

Happy anniversary, knee injury (july 20th 2009). May this anniversary be the first, best and last.