« Home | oak hill flyer: mile PR » | oak hill flyer: marching onward » | oak hill flyer: captain's log » | oak hill flyer: out of the rain » | oak hill flyer: rod and reel » | deep eddy splits » | deep eddy photos » | deep eddy » | zero to seventy and back » | diane van deren »

oak hill flyer: spring broke

hard to believe, but i have cycled through the entire first season of star trek, my confidence growing with each episode. in addition to this winter's sabbatical from running, surely i was setting myself up for a strong foundation this spring. swimming has never been better, and i'm very happy with my level of fitness.

i have been running since 1991 for two months now. average distance: 5 miles. average pace: 730. long run: 8 miles. weekly mileage: 15. on wednesday morning after a 10 minute ellipse warmup, my knee inflammed something fierce after two 8-minute miles. "complete relapse" may be over-stated, but "set back" sure isn't.

i have been under the watchful eye of my PT for the past eight months. I HAVE CROSS-TRAINED MY ASS OFF. I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THAT I POSSIBLY KNOW TO DO. i am now seeking a second opinion. total immersion be damned: i am now flailing, grasping for straws.

journal entry, 7/20/09:


16.1 miles, 2:05:04. 148 HR, Town Lake. Run felt just fine except when I stopped and startted, left PT felt tight. HURT ALL DAY, 2-7 DAYS REST. DAMNIT! Back off now, you'll be fine.


email to a friend, 7/7/09:


64 miles for the week. This morning's run felt awesome, finished it with a
642 mile. I feel zero injuries anywhere right now.


mr. mozart, where are you now? return to bridge, return to bridge.